The activities of AAAWE include:
Opportunities for networking and mentoring
- Organize mentoring and training/technical workshops at major Economics conferences in Africa and abroad.
- Provide grants to African women economists to present papers at conferences.
- Collaborate with partner institutions to provide support for leading African women economists to visit and give lectures in Economics departments in African universities.
- Link African women economists with other scholars in their fields who may serve as mentors.
- Assist African women economists to publish their work in international scholarly journals.
Fellowships, Grants and Internships
- Assist African women economists to secure funding to pursue masters and doctoral degrees in Economics.
- Assist African women economists to secure funding for doctoral dissertation research.
- Assist African women economists who teach in African universities to secure funding to conduct their research.
- Assist African women economists to secure internships at think tanks and international organizations.
Knowledge Generation and Sharing
- Work with partner institutions to secure grants for African women economists residing in Africa to spend 6-12 months in an institution abroad working with a mentor on a research project.
- Collaborate with partner institutions to secure grants for African women economists in the African Diaspora to spend 3-6 months conducting research or teaching in an institution in Africa.